The PLAY Project
If you haven’t heard of The PLAY Project, you need to! I began my certification in The PLAY Project back in 2009, and I love it.
The PLAY Project is based on Stanley Greenspan’s DIR / Floortime, a relationship based and developmental approach to intervention for kids with autism.
Here are just a few things I love about The PLAY Project.
- Parents are trained to be the interventionist
- Kids thrive in their natural environment, and generalize skills better
- Family relationships are strengthened
- Everything is individualized based on the child’s strengths, interests, and needs
- Techniques can be used in everyday activities like mealtimes, bath time, or bed time
- It’s fun!
In-Home Coaching Sessions are available for families in and around Salt Lake County, Utah